stem4 - Talisker Challenge
When stem4 received an initial fundraising enquiry in June 2020 from Tim Harris simply stating,
‘Hi I’d like to speak to someone please about a fundraising opportunity. Would someone be able to call me please?
Thanks and keep safe, Tim Harris’
we had no idea of the enormity of the impact it would have on the charity and to the support of young people and those around them.
15 months later and Team MINDCRAFT have exceeded any expectation we might have had both in fundraising and their determination to explore every opportunity to shine a light on stem4 and the valuable work we carry out to support the escalating level of mental health need from young people.
News Release -
MDL’s Hamble Point Marina are proud to be supporting team Mindcraft, as they prepare and train for the Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge. The team will be rowing 3,000 miles across the Atlantic in their boat ‘Mindcraft’ to raise vital funds and awareness for Stem4, a charity supporting positive mental health in teenagers.
The 24 foot long ‘Mindcraft’ is a Rannoch R25, and was provided with easy access to the water by MDL, at Hamble Point Marina, for the duration of the team’s training in The Solent. The crew of two, Tim Harris and Simon Calver are two friends, with careers in business and finance, looking to raise much-needed funds for the teenage mental health charity. “Our mental health will arguably be more important than our physical health over the two months or so of the row. It is likely the process will forever change our lives and, hopefully, positively help many teenagers change theirs as well from the money we raise” Tim explains. “MDL’s support is invaluable in providing us with such a fantastic base for training. Hamble Point Marina offers such easy access to the Solent, along with superb shoreside facilities for any boat repairs” he added.
The Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge will begin in early December 2021, departing from the Canary Island of La Gomera and will finish at Nelson’s Dockyard, Antigua & Barbuda. The Mindcraft team will be competing in the Challenge against around 34 other teams from across the globe.
“We are delighted to support team Mindcraft in their Tallisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge, in aid of such a great cause” says Debbie Burns, Hamble Point Marina Manager. “it was a pleasure to welcome the team to Hamble Point Marina and we wish them every success.”
Hamble Point Marina is hard to beat for its location at the mouth of the River Hamble, ideally placed to offer easy access to the world-famous waters of The Solent. The 230-berth marina offers extensive facilities including a dry stack system with an additional 137 berths, including unlimited lifting and launching, on demand, seven days a week. For more information on MDL Marinas please visit https://www.mdlmarinas.co.uk/.
For more information about team Mindcraft’s Talisker Whisky Atlantic Challenge, or to make a donation, please visit https://www.themindcraft.co.uk/home.
MAA T: 023 9252 2044 E: firstname.lastname@example.org www.maa.agency
15 Haslar Marina, Gosport, PO12 1NU
MDL Marinas Group Ltd
• MDL Marinas Group is the UK’s leading marina and water-based leisure provider and one of Europe’s largest marina groups, offering members over 120 destinations to cruise to in the UK, France and Spain. Currently MDL Marinas manages 18 UK marinas and one in Spain.
• MDL Holidays is part of the MDL Marinas Group, offering waterside holidays in luxury lodge and holiday park accommodation.
• New to the MDL Marinas Group, MDL Fitness is a range of green gyms where the fitness equipment converts human kinetic energy into electricity.
• MDL Marinas Group is proud to be landlords to over 500 marine businesses, with over 260 staff delivering the unique MDL experience to all berth holders, visitors and commercial partners.
• The company also advises on worldwide marina developments.
• For more information visit www.mdlmarinas.co.uk
• MAA provides simple, no-nonsense solutions to companies’ advertising, PR, media buying and marketing communications needs.
• From brand development to website design, digital marketing to PR, MAA offers a straightforward, knowledgeable and service-orientated approach.
• MAA is able to offer unrivalled value to help clients reach their target markets.
• For more information visit www.maa.agency
For media enquiries, more information, product tests, or hi-res images:
Susannah Hart or Mike Shepherd Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 (0) 23 9252 2044. Tel: +44 (0) 23 9252 2044